BJJ lifestyle is like a disease that makes you think about the gentle art24/7, 365 days a week, and perhaps this just might be the inspiration for the Manto X  Gi.

I bought this gi around late December 2013 and it came with a neat bag with the 24/7 365 print on it. The gi comes with rip stop pants and 450 gsm lightweight pearl weave top. I like this composition of jacket and pats pretty much with any other gi I purchased, since I compete regularly. It isn’t too heavy or too flimsy either for the day to day torture of rigorous training. And yeah, this gi helped me a lot during the weigh ins.
 

Overall Look

Aesthetics wise this is the type of gi that can rock the gym. I personally like the fact that Manto, played well with embroidery on the shoulder and print on the inside of the gi. The words “MANTO” and the logo “24/7-365” are embroidered on the shoulder and sleeve area respectively.



 The inside of the top as well as the pants contain a woven label which reads “24/7/365/ALL DAY/EVERYDAY”. Purple and white color scheme looks unusually great, despite me not being a fan of color purple. The best part I liked about it is the big screen printed 24/7 x 365 design inside the gi. They simply nailed it in the aesthetics department.

Review Proper

 
This gi made use of 450 gsm pearl weave top and 10oz ripstop pants. Both top and pants contained woven label which reads 24/7, 365, All Day, Every Day. The woven label on the pants in my opinion would’ve been better without it. Located in the waist and ankle cuffs, it is constantly irritating, at least for me.

The whole gi comes with purple contrast stitching. The pants come with cotton drawstring for the along with 4 purple belt loops. It also comes with a small purple circular patch with the 24/7 logo on the pants. Additional material for support on the knee area is minimal, but enough on my standards. It is another layer of ripstop fabric sewn on the inside to maintain durability without compromising the weight of the gi.

Right after buying the Manto X Pro Light gi, I shrunk it down using the dryer. The Manto X Pro Light gi didn't shrink as much. Even after washing it with steaming water and putting it in the drier, it just pretty much held its own shrinking maybe less than an inch on the sleeve tops. As a 5'5 guy with a stocky wrestler built, I wanted to have a sort of slim fitting gi.

The arm and skirt length fit just right. As for the shoulder and chest width that didn't shrink much, it is a bit off, but still within the size I want. As for the pants, I concentrated on shrinking just the pants but I found out that it is quite baggy for my taste. It is cut straight but still too baggy on both pelvic and thigh area (to maximize leg and hip movement maybe?).

Fading

Additional problems I saw included the fading of the screen printed 24/7 x 365 found inside the gi top. I take care of my gis but this happened only after a few sessions of rolling (maybe after 4 training sessions).

The Verdict

I'm really happy with this gi, given the cons. Maybe it's just my body type, but I don't regret spending $155 on this gi. I love rolling in it and I do suggest it to grapplers with taller frame. Overall, it has a classy design that was constructed well by Manto’s factory.